Carsforsale.com is a rapidly growing company and marketing leader in the automotive category looking to expand our DevOps Team. The Carsforsale.com team is currently concentrated on scaling web products that reach millions of car buyers and launching cutting-edge web and mobile applications. We are currently looking for highly qualified, motivated DevOps Engineers to join this team.
As Carsforsale.com continues to grow and evolve into a diversified technology company, we want to add the best developers available to our team! If you are looking for a fun and exciting career with an aggressive company, this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for.
This position will involve building, supporting, and optimizing systems and infrastructure used by the Software Engineering team to build B2B and B2C web and mobile applications and related tooling at scale. The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in building and maintaining resilient infrastructure for software systems.
What You Will Do:
- Implementing and automating infrastructure upgrades, maintenance and reconfiguration
- Reinforce infrastructure to handle errors and recover gracefully
- Work with System Architects and other stakeholders to implement architecture for scalable web application and services
- Work with the Data Team to help with management, monitoring and maintaining of open source database platforms
- Collaborate with Operations and Development teams to automate monitoring and alerting of mission critical systems
- Trace root cause of failure and report errors quickly and automatically
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years prior DevOps experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or Related field
- Linux and open source expertise – at least a few of HAProxy, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker
- Expertise is setting up, monitoring, and maintaining at least one open source database technology like PostgreSQL or MongoDB with focus on high availability and scalability
- Version control with git or equivalent
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-code tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills (bash, Python, Powershell)
- Good understanding of containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with a cloud provider (AWS, Azure)
- Deep understanding of modern architectures on private/public clouds – Microservices, Containers, IaaS, Storage, Security
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines